BSc (Hons) Economics with Law,
3+0 Degree Programme
Intakes: January, April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A- Level
Intakes: January & September
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 3 years (3+0)
3+0 Degree Programmes
This course combines the expertise of the Aberystwyth Business School and the Aberystwyth Law School and is designed to bridge the gap between theory and practice by developing an understanding of the global economic environment and legal regulations within which businesses operate.
Students will be exposed to core business principles, concepts, and crucial legal elements while developing an in-depth appreciation of economic principles and its applications and influence in global business strategies. Together with a solid grounding in mathematical, statistical and computational skills, students would be able to refine their understanding, analysis and problem solving skills of the complexities of real-world economics.
This complementary blend of knowledge and highly transferable skills gained during the study of this course will enable graduates to add value to any organisation and perform confidently in an increasingly globalised and digitised business environment.
The course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies needed to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic, and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of a wide range of issues impacting on every-day life including the creation of employment, inflationary pressures, international trade issues, the process of business competition, innovation and growth, the development of third world countries, the protection of natural resources and government policy-making.
- Understand and identify relevant legislations and case laws that impact business and economic practices
- Apply economic reasoning to the analysis of contemporary economic problems.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to make effective and ethical business decisions.
- Construct basic economic, statistical and mathematical arguments with appropriate and critical use of concepts, theories, models and evidence.
- Use economic problem solving skills to discuss the opportunities and challenges of the increasing globalization of the world economy.
Intakes & Requirements
January & September
To enrol into this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- 5 SPM Credits (including English), and
- 2 A-Levels Passes (Min DD) / 2 STPM Principals (Min CC) or its equivalent, or
- A Pass for South Australian Matriculation (SAM) or Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT)(Min aggregate 50%), or
- 5 credits (min Grade B) in the United Examination Certificate (UEC); or
- A pass in Foundation in Arts or Science accredited from any Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Awam (IPTA); or Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi (IPTS); or
- A pass with minimum 10 units in 5 subjects with a mark not less than 50% from New South Wales (HSC) programme; or
- A Diploma qualification from Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Awam (IPTA); or Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Swasta (IPTS); or
- A pass in matriculation from a MQA accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.0; or
- Any other qualification equivalent to the Ministry of Education requirements and
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
* Candidates will be expected to show proficiency in the use of the English language and in Mathematics, equivalent to O level credits.
Students will be exposed to a number of critical areas over 3 semesters and are assessed through a combination of written examinations and assignments.
- Introduction to Management
- Economic Principles & Skills
- Mathematics for Economics & Finance
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Legal Systems
- Statistics for Economists
- Law in Action
- Law of Obligations
- Co-Curriculum 102
- MPU 3112
- Macroeconomic Behaviour & Systems
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Business Law
- Intermediate Microeconomics; Consumer & Producers
- Corporate Finance & Financial Markets
- Corporate Governance
- Company Law
- MPU 3132
- MPU 3142
- Advanced Topics in Macroeconomics
- Advanced Topics in Microeconomics
- Law of Contract
- Investments & Financial Instruments
- Labour Law
- MPU 3152
- MPU 3152
Malaysian Students Tuition Fees Structure:
|Local Students||Examination Fees|
|RM 18,000||£ 800|
|Year 2||RM 18,000||
|Year 3||RM 18,000||£ 800|
International Students Tuition Fees:
|International Students||Examination Fees|
|Year 2||RM 23,000||
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. The examinations fees stated applies to both local and international students. All fees listed may be subject to change. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available