BSc (Hons) Marketing with Law,
3+0 Degree Programme
Intakes: January & April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A-Level
Intakes: January & September
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 3 years (3+0)
3+0 Degree Programmes
This course combines the expertise of the Aberystwyth Business School and the Aberystwyth Law School and is designed to provide students with a critical and reflective understanding of business and marketing practices and its significance in contemporary global business strategies. Students will also gain crucial insights into legal elements that impact both the theoretical and practical dimensions of marketing.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which will enable students to progress towards a CIM qualification concurrently or gain graduate module exemptions.
The complementary blend of knowledge and highly transferable skills gained during the study of this course will enable graduates to add value to any organisation and perform confidently in an increasingly globalised and digitised business environment.
The course is designed to integrate a deep understanding of the subject matter with the development of key skills and competencies, allowing students to adapt to a rapidly changing, dynamic and competitive global marketplace. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the latest marketing theories and practices, along with a broad understanding of the law and its role in society.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of complex modern business concepts, functions and procedures as well as contemporary issues and challenges.
- Understand and identify the laws that impact marketing initiatives in business, and other relevant legislation and case laws.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate advanced communication and marketing strategies for organisations that operate in complex environments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to apply classical and contemporary principles of marketing and communications within business planning.
- Demonstrate intellectual and transferable skills, especially those relevant to the practice of marketing and communications, including analytical, critical, individual and team skills.
Intakes & Requirements
January & September
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- 5 SPM Credits (including English), and
- 2 A-Level Passes (min. DD) / 2 STPM Principals (min. CC) or its equivalent; or
- A Pass for the South Australian Matriculation programme (SAM) or the Australian Matriculation programme (AUSMAT) (min. aggregate of 50%); or
- 5 credits (min. Grade B) in the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC); or
- A pass in the Foundation in Arts or Science programme accredited by an Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Awam (IPTA) or Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi (IPTS); or
- A pass with a min. of 10 units in 5 subjects with a score of not less than 50% in the New South Wales (HSC) programme; or
- A Diploma from an Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Awam (IPTA) or Institusi Pendidikan Tinggi Swasta (IPTS); or
- A pass in the matriculation programme of an MQA-accredited institution with a min. CGPA of 2.0; or
- Any other qualification that meets the Ministry of Education’s requirements, and
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
* Candidates are expected to be proficient in English and Mathematics, equivalent to O-Level credits.
Students will be exposed to a number of critical areas over 3 semesters and are assessed through a combination of written examinations and assignments.
- Marketing Principles
- Business Environment
- Managing Finance
- Legal Systems
- Management & Marketing Skills Analysis
- Law in Action
- Law of Obligations
- MPU 3112
- Co-curriculum 102
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Business Law
- Company Law
- Strategic Marketing
- Managing Research Methods
- Corporate Governance
- MPU 3122
- MPU 3132
- Marketing Communications
- International Marketing
- Law of Contract
- Digital Marketing
- Applied Marketing Management
- Labour Law
- MPU 3142
- MPU 3152
Tuition Fee Structure For Malaysian Students:
|Local Students||University Fee|
|Year 2||RM 20,000||
Tuition Fee Structure For International Students:
|International Students||University Fee|
|Year 2||RM 25,000||
|RM 25,000||£ 800|
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. The examination fees apply to both local and international students. All fees are subject to change. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available.