Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
Professional Plus Series
Intakes: January, April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A- Level
Level: Professional Development
Intakes: On Demand
Study Mode: Part Time
Duration: 2 Weekends
Professional Plus Series
The Professional Plus Series comprises comprehensive short courses designed for both undergraduates and working professionals to broaden their theoretical and practical knowledge in a specialist area of law.
Through interactive face to face learning facilitated by experienced practitioners and industry experts, this Series is a fitting platform for lawyers and non-lawyers who seek continuing professional development, to refresh their knowledge with relevant and up-to-date insights or to simply pursue an area of individual interest.
This course is specifically formulated to enable the student to gain specialist legal knowledge and understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of intellectual property law within a practical context, whilst developing expertise in these areas.
Conducted by experienced legal practitioners and industry experts, the programme will also impart valuable insights into the key principles and practises that regulates intellectual property and its enforcement in Malaysia. This includes:
- Understanding the developments and progress of the Intellectual Property Law and Rights in Malaysia.
- Overview of the Patents Act 1983(Act 291), Industrial Designs Act 1996 (Act 552), Copyright Act 1987 (Act 332), Trade Marks Act 1976 (Act 175) and Geographical Indications Act 2000 (Act 602).
- Insights into the issues and challenges arising from Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property laws and learning good trade practices.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: On demand.
Register your interest today and we will update you when future dates are announced.
To enrol into this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- Year 1 LLB, or
- Relevant qualifications and work experience will be taken under consideration on an individual basis
Each subject is assessed through a combination of in-course case study & group presentations.
- Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Trade Marks
- Industrial Design
- Rights & Remedies
- Confidentiality & Trade Secrets
- IP Management & Commercialisation
All Inclusive Tuition Fee:
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. All fees listed may be subject to change. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments.