Certificate in Legal Practice
R/380/6/0031, A 9785 (04/19)
Intakes: January, April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A- Level
Study Mode: Full Time, Part Time & Distance
Duration: 1 year
The Certificate in Legal Practice is a compulsory professional examination for foreign university law graduates to gain admission to the Malaysian Bar as a qualified advocate and solicitor.
The examination is conducted by the Legal Profession Qualifying Board and is regulated by the Legal Profession Act 1976 (Act 166).
Upon successful completion of the examinations, students can proceed to chamber under a Master at a law firm of their choice, or alternatively enter the corporate world.
The CLP curriculum is formulated to enable the student to:
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the principles, rules, practices, powers and procedures that govern legal practice in Malaysia.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities, liabilities, immunity, privileges, ethics of the Legal Profession here in Malaysia.
- Cultivate thorough knowledge of the procedures governing the various stages of a trial from commencing civil proceedings in the High Court and the Subordinate Courts up to judgment.
- To acquire a thorough understanding of the rules, practices and procedures to ensure proper and efficient administration of criminal justice.
- To acquire thorough knowledge of all the principles of evidence and to be able to apply that knowledge practically in both civil and criminal proceedings.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Malaysian Land Law, Bankruptcy and Winding up Laws, Probate Laws, Tort and Contract Law and enable students to be able to identify issues, advise on evidence, liability and procedure, remedies and draft pleadings.
Intakes & Requirements
To enrol into this course, students are required to be a Malaysian citizen or a PR Holder and have a minimum of:
- 5 SPM Credits or equivalent, and
- 2 A-Level Passes / 2 STPM Principals or its equivalent, and
- A law degree recognised by the LPQB
Entry requirements for mature students are:
- Minimum 3 SPM Credits or equivalent;
- 5 years of meaningful and proven work experience.
To successfully complete this course, students are required to pass all 5 examination papers.
Each subject is assessed through written examinations.
- Criminal Procedure
- Civil Procedure
- General Paper
- Professional Paper
Tuition Fees Structure:
|All Inclusive Fee|
LPQB Examination Fees Structure:
|All Inclusive Fee|
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. All fees listed may be subject to change. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available