Certificate in Oil & Gas Law
Professional Plus Series
Intakes: January & April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A-Level
Level: Professional Development
Intakes: On Demand
Study Mode: Part Time
Duration: 2 Weekends
Professional Plus Series
The Professional Plus Series comprises comprehensive short courses designed for both undergraduates and working professionals to broaden their theoretical and practical knowledge in a specialist area of law.
Through interactive face-to-face learning facilitated by experienced practitioners and industry experts, this Series is a fitting platform for lawyers and non-lawyers who seek continuing professional development to refresh their knowledge with relevant and up-to-date insights or simply pursue an area of individual interest.
This course is specially formulated to enable the student to gain specialist legal knowledge and understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Oil & Gas Law within a practical context, whilst developing expertise in these areas.
Conducted by experienced legal practitioners and industry experts, the programme will also give valuable insights into the key principles and practices that regulate the industry, and an overall understanding of the general principles that regulate the industry. This includes:
- Oil & gas legal frameworks.
- Petroleum contract structures that governments and oil companies use to grant petroleum rights and govern petroleum activities.
- Analyse key petroleum agreements relating to exploration, development and marketing of oil & gas.
- Understand the oil & gas value chain.
- Master the jargon of the oil & gas industry.
Intakes & Requirements
Intakes: On demand
Register your interest today and we will update you when future dates are announced.
To enrol in this course, students are required to have:
- Completed Year 1 LLB, or
- Relevant qualifications and work experience, which will be considered on an individual basis
Each subject is assessed through a combination of in-course case studies and group presentations.
- Fundamentals of Oil & Gas Law
- Host Government Upstream [Exploration & Production (E&P)] Agreements
- Host Government Rights & Obligations
- Commercial Terms in Licensing & Concession Agreements
- Upstream Joint Ventures (JVs) between Host Governments/NOCs & IOCs
- Offshore Rig Hire Agreements
- Midstream & Downstream Operations
- Drafting Agreements for Offshore Design, Engineering & Construction Work including EPC Contracts (Engineer Procure Construct)
- Exclusion Clauses in the Offshore Industry
- Termination of Oil & Gas Contracts
- Dispute Resolution & Other Special Considerations
All Inclusive Tuition Fee:
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. All fees are subject to change. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or instalments.