UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
R/380/6/0036, A 6933 (03/21)
Intakes: January, April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A- Level
Intakes: January, April, June & September
Study Mode: Full Time & Part-Time
Duration: 3 years (1+2) (2+1)
UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
One of the oldest academic fields in the world, the Bachelors of Laws is a highly regarded undergraduate qualification that stimulates intellectual understanding through the exposure of a wide range of crucial and contemporary humanities and social sciences topics.
While it is an essential qualification for those who intend to pursue a career as a Barrister and Solicitor, the LLB (Hons) remains popular with students who do not wish to practice law. Due to its renowned versatility that permeates knowledge and critical transferable skills, this course unlocks a plethora of career opportunities across a wide range of professions.
Fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Legal Profession Qualifying Board of Malaysia (LPQB), graduates meeting the minimum requirements may directly progress to the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in Malaysia or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) in the UK, and gain admission into the legal profession as an entry level lawyer upon completion.
The course is integrated with the key skills and competencies needed to excel in a legal career or career of choice. Each student will:
- Develop the ability to identify and understand key concepts in substantive law, legal theory, and procedure in domestic and international law contexts;
- Where relevant, develop the ability to identify and understand the impact of economic, cultural and political change on the law, as well as exploring the critical role the law can play in improving social and economic conditions in modern societies.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to perform competent legal analysis, reasoning, and problem solving; as well as the ability to collaborate in a variety of legal settings and context.
- Develop vital communication skills including effective listening and critical reading, objective and persuasive writing, advocacy and other essential oral communications as well as the ability to conduct in-depth research, both domestic and international;
- Develop professional judgment and professionalism through conduct consistent with the legal profession’s values and standards.
Intakes & Requirements
January, April, June & September
To enrol into this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- 5 Credits for SPM (including English) or its equivalent, and
- 2 A-Levels Passes / 2 STPM Principals or its equivalent, or
- A recognized Diploma or Degree
Students will be exposed to a number of critical areas over 3 semesters and are assessed through a combination of written examinations and assignments.
- Law of Contract
- Criminal Law
- Common Law
- Public Law
- Tort Law
- Land Law
- Law of Evidence (Elective)
- Company Law (Elective)
- Family Law (Elective)
- Equity and Trust
- European Union Law
- Elective 1 (as per partner university)
- Elective 2 (as per partner university)
Tuition Fees Structure:
|Local Students||International Students|
|Year 1||RM 26,000||RM 31,000|
|Year 2||RM 26,000||RM 31,000|
Year 3 Fees
Kindly contact our consultants for the latest information.
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. The examinations fees stated applies to both local and international students. All fees listed may be subject to change. Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, Credit Card or Instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available
|1 + 2 Route||Pass All Year 1 Subjects|
|2 + 1 Route||Pass All Year 1 & Year 2 Subjects|
|English Requirements||1119 – C & above / IELTS – Band 6.5 & above|
*1+2 route refers to students completing 1 year at BAC and 2 years at a partner university
* 2+1 route refers to students completing 2 years at BAC and 1 year at a partner university