Nottingham Trent University
UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
R/380/6/0036, A 6933 (03/21)
Intakes: January & April
Study Mode: Full Time
Duration: 11 Months
Examinations (CIE) A-Level
Intakes: January, April, June & September
Study Mode: Full Time & Part Time
Duration: 3 years (1+2) / (2+1)
UK Transfer Degree Programme (Law)
One of the oldest academic fields in the world, the Bachelor of Laws is a highly regarded undergraduate qualification that stimulates intellectual understanding through exposure to a wide range of crucial and contemporary humanities and social sciences topics.
While it is an essential qualification for those who intend to pursue a career as a Barrister and Solicitor, the LLB (Hons) Degree remains popular with students who do not wish to practice law. Giving students the critical knowledge and transferable skills, this course unlocks a plethora of career opportunities across a wide range of professions.
Fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Legal Profession Qualifying Board of Malaysia (LPQB), graduates who meet the minimum requirements may directly progress to the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in Malaysia or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) in the UK, and join the legal profession as an entry-level lawyer upon completion.
The course provides students with the key skills and competencies needed to excel in a legal career or a career of choice. Students will:
- Develop the ability to identify and understand key concepts in substantive law, legal theory and procedure in domestic and international law contexts.
- Where relevant, develop the ability to identify and understand the impact of economic, cultural and political changes on the law, as well as explore the critical role of the law in improving social and economic conditions in modern societies.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to perform legal analysis, reasoning and problem solving competently, and learn to collaborate in a variety of legal settings and contexts.
- Develop vital communication skills including effective listening and critical reading, objective and persuasive writing, advocacy and other essential oral communication skills, as well as the ability to conduct in-depth research, both domestically and internationally.
Intakes & Requirements
January, April, June & September
To enrol in this course, students are required to have a minimum of:
- 5 Credits for SPM (including English) or its equivalent, and
- 2 A-Level Passes / 2 STPM Principals or its equivalent, or
- A recognised Diploma or Degree
Students will be exposed to a number of critical areas over 3 semesters and are assessed through a combination of written examinations and assignments.
- Elements of the Law of Contract
- Criminal Law
- Common Law
- Public Law
- Legal Skills
- Land Law
- Law of Evidence (Elective)
- Family Law (Elective)
- Company Law (Elective)
- Equity and Trust
- European Union Law
- Elective 1 (as per partner university)
- Elective 2 (as per partner university)
Tuition Fee Structure:
|RM 27,000||RM 32,000|
|Year 2||RM 27,000||
Year 3 Fees
Kindly contact our consultants for the latest information.
*The fees above do not include living expenses and accommodation. The examination fees apply to both local and international students. All fees are subject to change. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or instalments. Kindly enquire about the 0% Interest Payment Plans that are available.
|1 + 2 Route||Pass all Year 1 subjects in one sitting with an average of 50%|
|2 + 1 Route||Pass all Year 1 & Year 2 subjects in one sitting with an average of 50%|
|English Requirements||1119 – Grade C & above / IELTS – Band 6.5 & above|
*The 1+2 route refers to students completing 1 year at BAC and 2 years at a partner university
*The 2+1 route refers to students completing 2 years at BAC and 1 year at a partner university